Simple Machines Bug and Feature Tracker
|Anonymous | Login||05-21-2013 09:58 PM|
|My View | View Issues|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003950||SMF 2.0||Template||public||2009-11-02 18:16||2010-05-09 06:35|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Summary||0003950: Weird profile template error|
|Description||Recently I have been seeing this logged on our site from guests|
Unable to load the 'account' template.
I have absolutely no clue how to reproduce this. The IPs associated with them are assigned to members.
I tried to hit that url as a guest. Nothing
I tried to clear my cookies and then hit that url (so I have no active sesion). Nothing.
I tried to login as a user, go to the account settings, then clear my cookies and submit that page. Also nothing.
|Tags||2.0 final, With Fix|
|Attached Files||bug_3950.patch [^] (2,962 bytes) 2010-05-07 08:52 [Show Content]|
MantisBT 1.2.8 (Modified)[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2010 Mantis Group
karlbenson (SMF Friend)
|is this still occuring Sleepy?|
|Yes it is. I for the life of me can't reproduce it either. I am getting it in multiple languages now.|
|Would it be possible to get at the raw access logs and see what URL(s) that guest was at beforehand?|
karlbenson (SMF Friend)
At a guess could it be related to
- deleting account
(with our w/o admins permission)
|SleePy, is this still an issue after the site upgrade?|
Yes.. Although now they have user ids in the urls.
I will include the Info in a message marked private after this reply.
groundup (Team Member)
|Still waiting on some information from Sleepy or whomever was working on this.|
edited on: 2010-05-07 08:54
...This took a lot of time of me to find the cause. Took 10 seconds to fix though. Oh, well!
The cause is the profileSendActivation() function for email address change input validation.
$context += array(
'page_title' => $txt['profile'],
'sub_template' => 'after',
'description' => $txt['activate_changed_email']
It pushes sub template with += but it fails, obviously (it's already set in ModifyProfile() function as 'account' -the function name-) and obExit() at the end of the function exists before account() function is run, which sets the sub template to 'edit_options'.
And the reason we couldn't reproduce it easily was that the option "Require reactivation after email change" should have been set and since it isn't enabled by default, it was hard to catch. I'm not going to let these things pass through though. :P
Anyway, attached a patch fixing the issue.
|& Correct sub template was not set for email activation notice on email change (Profile-Modify.php Register.php, Register template, Profile language file) Revision 9863|